Scenario: You receive the following error in Outlook when trying to Add/Modify Delegates within Outlook:
Error: The Delegates settings were not saved correctly. Cannot activate send-on-behalf-of list. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object.
Resolution: Add the IgnoreSOBError with a value of 1 in the registry.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
If you use policies, click the following subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftOfficex.0OutlookPreferences
Note: x.0in the above registry key represents your Outlook version. Please use one of the following values.
Outlook 2013: 15.0
Outlook 2010: 14.0
Outlook 2007: 12.0
Outlook 2003: 11.0
- After you select the subkey that is specified in step 3, click New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type IgnoreSOBError, and then press Enter.
- Right-click IgnoreSOBError, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
One thought on “Outlook Error: “The Delegates settings were not saved correctly. Cannot activate send-on-behalf-of list. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object.””